Tuesday, September 21, 2010

morning dialog

Sometimes we talk.

Sometimes it’s in quiet little voices, barely a whisper. Lying in bed together wishing the morning hadn’t come so early today, wishing we could stay here forever.

“Hey baby.” He says. Soft lips touch my face, fingers entwined in my hair.

“Hi” I mumble trying to remember where I am, “Is it morning already?” I’m a mess in the morning, normally it takes me a long time to wake up and compute the world around me.

“Yes. Come and wake up with me!” he says jumping on the bed, curling up next to or rather on top of me. We cuddle. He tickles me. I try to laugh but am so sleepy. He jumps out of bed and pulls the covers off my body, which is not very nice at all.

“I’m SO cold!” I say curling up tighter.

“No!” he says putting cold hand on my legs, “You are SO hot!” laughing he leaves the room with an “Oh baby!”. I sigh and pull covers back on me, tight around my face.

“Will you turn the water on?” I call out. I need tea. I want to go back to bed. Sleep. I love sleeping in. But soon I hear him making breakfast. I sigh realizing I should probably get up now.

Bed warm feet hit the floor. The day begins.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can so picture you perfectly... haha, except all my memories are of young Bekah doing the same kind of things at sleep overs. ;P

    ReplyDelete