Monday, January 18, 2010

Zoom.Zoom...

It's late dear friends. Actually it it's only 10:25pm but it feels much later. I am tired. Life is so busy here. Zoom. Zoom. From one part of my day to the next with multiple cups of tea in hand and music flowing into my ears to spur me onward. Today I was walking home listening to Simon and Garfunkel and feeling... a lot. I don't really know what that means but that is how I felt.
I went to the V&A with my class today. It was amazing. I saw works by Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, Giambologna and so many more. We breezed though the fashion section due to lack of time which was a shame because...wow. My eyes were glazing over with happiness. I plan on going back in a few weeks to sit and write and sketch, really take in the museum and all of those pretty frocks. After class I hiked back to my flat which was a good 4.5 mile jont. Tired. It was a good day though.

This past weekend I went out with friends to Oxford street to buy nice things at places like TopShop and H&M. It was amazing but so crowded. There I was standing in TopShop in busy London, surrounded by so many trendy things, so many stylish shoppers and you know what? I kind of missed thrift store shopping with my little sisters in our small Midwestern town. It's just different here. Everyone is going, going, going, which is exciting but exhausting at the same time.
Tomorrow I am leaving early for my internship (my walk is about 3 miles) so that I can get a cuppa at a local shop sit. I need to sip tea quietly and read and write for a bit. Processing is good. I need it.
As for right now I am off to sleep.
Night London.

The new Medieval and Renaissance Galleries at the V&A.

5 comments:

  1. I am SO JEALOUS that you are visiting those museums! Enjoy it for all of us, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love London...it's hustle and bustle...it's history...it's small (and not small quirks)...Have you been able to find a church to go to while you're there? Have fun hiking to your internship today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. e.: isn't it?
    tammy: i am quite enjoying them:)
    mandie: http://realitylondon.co.uk/ it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm. london tea shops. crowded streets. and yet...its funny what living abroad does to you huh?

    ReplyDelete