Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17th

"And I know cause there she goes walking on my skin again and again". I love the band Counting Crows. Everything from their hit 90's hit Sulivan Street and this new song called When I dreamed of Michealagelo. So good. I don't know why but this song strikes a cord with me. This past weekend I drove down to Pismo Beach to visit some friends. We stayed at this amazing resort and walked down to the beach everyday. One afternoon I was standing in the lobby waiting for some beach towels when this song came on. I wanted to cry. It's so beautiful and sad and right away I missed Caleb so much. I don't know why music has such an impact on me but it does. It is a beautiful thing how we humans can communicate with one another through music, without words, simply sounds that may or may not strike a cord in someones soul. That sunny afternoon standing in that lobby this song spoke to me. athough the world is so messed up and I continually wonder how we can do such horrible things to eachother every once and a while we touch eachother. Whether it be through a song, the written word, a glance, a smile or a simple gesture such as opening a door for someone to walk through, we touch eachother. God how I hope that I've touched people for the better. That maybe through something I write or create with clothing, hopefully with the way I live this life I will be able to touch people for the better.
I hope so.
-bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment