Thursday, April 28, 2011

the seesaw...


My life has been a seesaw. I feel like a kid again sitting patiently on the wood, hands gripped tightly to the handle. I don't want to fall off. I wait and wait and try to imagine what it will be like to move up and down, hair flying around my shoulders, knuckles white from hanging on. I wait and wait. Hoping to speed up time I close my eyes, focusing on the feeling of the wood, the handle, the grass between my toes. When will we start? When do I get to move? Tired of waiting one squinty eye opens, slowly, carefully. I see blurry images, nothing is clear. I decide to get off, but just as my weight begins to shift, someone sits on the other end and I'm off! Feet in the air, lungs opened in a scream of surprise, excitement, anticipation. I am flying.
Life is a sometimes like this. We wait for the ride to start, give up because it doesn't start on our time and then are surprised when we start to fly.
Can't wait to see where I land.
-bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment