Tuesday, April 12, 2011

and we will...


My skin is still hot, radiating heat from the afternoon sun, the ever present sun in this little valley of ours. A cup of hot tea is beside me, even though it's sunny and warm outside, I need this honey colored liquid.
Last weekend we spent time with friends on the coast and then some time in San Francisco strolling through thrift stores and eating lunch at our favorite outside cafe. Even though we haven't lived in that bright city, I still feel a connection, a sense of ownership. Maybe it's because I associate that city with Caleb, with us. After all we have a lot of memories in that city, everything from getting engaged, to fighting to kissing on every other street corner. It was nice to get away with my husband and walk through the vibrant city, our hands entwined. We talked about this next year. About how we probably aren't going in the direction we thought and therefore will be staying here. How he will leave in November for training, how we will move to Sac or SF in December, depending on where I get into school and how... how he will leave in January.
I felt a quiet, somber peace as I realized he will be gone sooner than I thought. I sipped lemon water and studied his face as we sat, soaking up the Spring sun. I love this man and he loves me. Right now we are together, but soon we won't and then we will have to be strong.
And we will be ok. We will.

2 comments: