Wednesday, January 26, 2011

this word called love...

Deeper than deep and further than I thought possible, this love in my heart grows.
Heartstrings pull and stretch. They grow from new found use. They are stronger than before. For this love in my heart grows.
We thought we knew the word, that great word that is spoken in soft whispers, in joyful shouts. We thought we knew the meaning, the feeling. But we were only children, still we are children. Children who are learning, who are growing. Growth that echos the deepening understanding of this word called love. I thought I knew this word, I thought I knew this boy. How much we have learned. How much has my understanding of this man grown. This man who holds my heart, my hand. Heartstrings pull, heartstrings ache. How could we hurt this much? How could pain be so beautiful? For it makes us understand that word, the elusive word called love that the world searches for. The pain heals, the heart grows and your hand fits even more perfect in mine with each struggle. With each struggle. Deeper than deep and further than I thought possible, this love in my heart grows.
-bekah

1 comment: