Thursday, December 16, 2010

the stillness of the moment...

Pencil colored eyes pierce into swollen, tear stained green ones. Green eyes, swollen eyes connected to a swollen heart, which is, as always feeling too much. Conversations in your head trying to persuade you to believe the things you know aren't true. But still those pencil colored eyes are there, with their ever present stare of love and compassion. Brimming with love they see through me, into me, me the person who i am still getting to know. Arms that hold me, strength confined into a gentle embrace. Scratchy jaw and then soft lips on my forehead, soft words in my ears. How can love be this strong? How could love mean this much? When your whole heart is pulsating with it, with the idea, with the reality. Love that can span a country, an ocean and the walls that are around me. Accepting the love is the real trick of the trade that is this thing called marriage. Trying to imagine how you could be the object of that much affection. Trying to believe that love is a two way street. Blessed beyond measure, tear stained eyes close. Green eyes rest and breathe and listen. The quiet even breath emanating next to you calms the nervous, calms the fluttering heart, the ever thinking brain. Rest. Still. Let him hold you.
-bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment