Friday, August 6, 2010

new day.

mint tea and acoustic music. generally this is how i spend my morning. reading blogs, reading about fashion trends and new collections, reading my bible, trying to listen and be quiet, something that i'm finding requires lots of practice.
marriage is hard. not that i don't like it. not that i don't want this ring on my finger anymore, but it's hard. it takes a lot of work and so much communication. so much communication. i'm realizing more and more how little i thought i knew about marriage. how little i knew how i would react, how i would change. don't worry though, this isn't a blog slamming my husband or going into detail about our relationship in the easy or hard times. i'm simply realizing how much i thought i knew about marriage and how much i've been surprised by it.
another thing is that i am, although i didn't think it was possible, falling more and more in love with my husband. he is truly my other half. he understands me better than i do myself sometimes i feel beyond blessed to spend my life with him. i can't even imagine not being with him. i almost shake my head in wonder at how God has brought us together from two totally different worlds. truly, truly blessed.
and happy. even though it's hard. even though i miss my family(thank you so much for the encouraging words by the way). even though i don't know where we will be living a year from now, i am with my best friend, my lover, my person. as long as we have each other, as long as we look towards God for direction and fulfillment we will be more than just fine.
young married people. oh! how much we have to learn.

bekah

6 comments:

  1. keep talking! about everything and about nothing, as important as it is to talk out issues and do the daily schedualing communication, don't forget to dream together to... that is the part that brings the beauty to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stacy, and would add to always kiss one another good-night (not just a pithy saying for a plaque) and fight naked - it makes for shorter fights. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. (to marraige being hard)
    And agreed. (to all the above and what Stacy and my mom said)
    And isn't husband a funny word to say knowing that you are referring to your own person? Not to someone else's husband...but your own? I still think its funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stacy and tammy: it's so comforting to have so many amazing, loving examples of marriage.
    melody: and it's possibly more comforting knowing other young people who are like us. having my own husband is a funny thought. although hard to get use to, it's a nice one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its this balance, when you are married young, growing yourself (your interests and knowledge expanding) and growing your relationship (melding the two of you with each new "evolution" of your individual selves) a unique challenge to young married couples...and as you look at each other ten years later and cant remember being apart.
    well, then it is especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would also add that it is hard getting used to living with a man after growing up with so many sisters. but remember that he is your man.

    ReplyDelete