Friday, March 26, 2010

home

sunshine. tea steaming next to me. bible and notebook. music flowing through speakers. our song. i will walk down the aisle to this song. i will try not to trip. i will stand before God, my family and my dear friends and promise to be his, promise before all that i will love and care for my best friend. my man. my other half.
i am here. in california. it is sunny of course and my skin is already thanking me for all of the vitamin D. it's strange to be back. strange to think that a mere week ago i was waking up in london. my london. oh i miss it. i miss the food and my friends, all of the people and my little tea shop. i miss going anywhere, whenever i want. freedom.
but i am home. i am here. he is here.
smile.
i've bee working on invitations. punching little holes and threading ribbon and thinking. i do miss the freedom. i do miss it. but this... oh this! my future that God has been carefully planning and intertwining with this man for years. he has brought us together and now we are getting married. a new kind of freedom. a new adventure. while modesto may not be as exciting as london i will be with my best friend, my lover, my husband. i am happy. smile. yes.
i am home.

3 comments:

  1. i'm sorry but the thought of you (of all people) sitting around and punching little holes and threading ribbon and making bows just makes me laugh. only because i know how much you hate that little intricate stuff. i guess you must be in love or something. wish i could be there to help you with all of it. see you soon babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chuckle, smile, with a warm spot in my heart.... Dad (me too-mom)

    ReplyDelete